Search engines pay more attention to keywords that are present within heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.). You have control over the size of these tags, but using the heading tag shows importance to the search engines.
- Don’t overuse heading tags
- Use heading tags naturally
- Use your keyword early and often within your heading tag (prominence & proximity)
Image Alt Text
Used for slow internet connections and handicapped internet browsers. Describes a photograph using text. It is considered a best practice to include alt tags on all of your images.
- Do not keyword stuff
- Use your keywords early and often (prominence & proximity)
- Good way to insert a call to action “Cool love coasters, click here for more details.”